Sunday, July 7, 2013

Setting up my Photo Studio for Product Photography

I have many loves, photography being one of them. So it is perfect that in order to have a vintage store on-line I have to take photos of all the great things I find while hunting flea markets and garage sales. (Wait till you see what I found this weekend!) but that is another post!) After a great day of hunting flea markets on Saturday, I took time to finally clear out the basement on Sunday. I had been taking photos where ever I could find the space, which was getting harder and harder to find. I also wanted to create a consistent look with all my pictures. So I knew in order to do that I had to set up a place where I could add the products and it would be ready to got when ever I was ready to take the photos. Oh, did I tell you that is what I do for my real job - yup - I am a photographer - I get to go to daycare centers and preschools and take photos of little kids. I have the best job in the world! And now I have the second best job sharing my treasures, I couldn't ask for things to be any better! However, product photography and taking pictures of little kids are completely different things - and sometimes I think the kids may be easier! at least funnier ... So here are some shots of the basement in progress and after it was done - using everything I already had around - and the light set up I got from EBAY about 2 years ago for under $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment