Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Welcome to Fleaosophy!

Hello and welcome!

Fleaosophy is not just a blog, it's not just a store, it's a way of life!

If you have been bitten by the Flea Market Bug you know what I am talking about - you see a yard/garage sale, an estate sale, drive by a  flea markets and your palms start to sweat, your heart races and you think of all the wonderful vintage, rusty, old treasures that await - you just have to park the car and go find them!

I was bitten by the bug when I was 10 years old.  My mother rented rooms out when I was growing up and we had a lady that lived upstairs, Mrs. Wilson.  Mrs. Wilson collected Scotty dogs, and worked in an antique mall.  When I turned 10, she gave me my first items to start a collection of horses, a set of encyclopedias from the turn of the century and an old 1890's sewing machine. 

I learned to love antique malls early.  Wandering around, looking at everything trying not to miss a thing. I loved the musty smell of old books.  Later on my grandparents would take me to a  flea market near their home in Florida.  Yes, I was bitten by the bug early on.

Today,  I find great treasures, clean them up, sometimes I up-cycle them into something new.  Then I pass them on to other treasure hunters who may not have access to the great flea markets and sources I have.

Stay tuned for photos of my adventures, my finds, and tips for how to use them, and love them all over again.

and you can also check out my most recent finds here
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Fleaosophy?ref=si_shop




No comments:

Post a Comment